Wednesday 21 September 2016

Amy's Lesson Reflection Idents

What did you see as the aim(s) of the lesson?
The aim of the lesson was to create a production company ident. It was a primarily a practical lesson combining both Photoshop and Premiere, but Richard and I were also keen for everyone to have a think about branding.

2. What did you plan to do?
We planned to have a 15 minute discussion on idents and show a few examples before starting the practical. We decided to make a hand-out with screen grabs on as there were quite a few technical steps that I wasn’t sure people would remember. (I’m not sure how effective that was. Perhaps in the future it was also be good to run a quick demonstration.) We left 15 minutes at the end so we could screen them all and have a quick discussion on how everyone found the task.

3. What went well?
I think we worked well as a team and the lesson flowed quite well. I’m glad I knew the technical side of things as I had to answer quite a lot of questions in the practical task. I was really impressed with all of the idents people created. They were very imaginative and surpassed expectations!

4. What didn't go so well and how would you do it differently?
The second discussion activity wasn’t very well thought out. I wanted to show the group a couple of different examples so they could compare them, but I wasn’t very clear on what they were supposed to be discussing, and I’m not sure it was totally necessary. I think I was just keen to get in more group work! It probably would have been better to show the class some of the idents from last year as well. I did try and get people to share the workload but I think I’ll be more forceful next time and we also had a few early finishers which we should of pushed to add sound.

5. What do you think people learned from the session?

I think the main outcome was that people learnt how to use motion effects to create simple animations in premiere. A few people commented that this wasn’t something they had ever tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment