Wednesday 21 September 2016

Temi - Reflection of lesson


1. I believe the aim of the session was to recreate a magazine cover using Photoshop to create a new meaning.

2. What did you plan to do?

The plan of the session was to get everyone to the discuss the meaning behind a small selection of magazine covers; work in groups; using a camera and any props to recreate the magazine cover with a different meaning and edit this image using Photoshop.

3. What went well?

People engaged well and successfully recreated magazine covers with different meanings. Classroom management went well in terms of pace as we finished on time. The reflection and discussion of each groups final piece. Sime groups effectively shared he mouse to equally produce the magazine cover. I was able to go around discuss ideas with the groups and encourage creativity.

4. What didn't go so well and how would you do it differently?

I would start by having a good night’s sleep. I produced a decent presentation and lost my grounding with it. If I stopped for a moment/ used notes, I would have remembered the many points I planned out. I feel that we should have set up the equipment prior to the day to get a feel of what we wanted and applied a little risk assessment to ensure safety.

Due to this clarity of the task was poor. A lot of repetition by myself and Katy occurred. I would like to have been more confident.

I would like to have kept the plan more simple, having children in mind as opposed to capable adult. Lastly I would like to have questioned the class more.

5. What do you think people learned from the session?

The class were able to refresh and further develop their photography and Photoshop skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment